|Dimensions||Effective membrane area||3.4cm²|
|Overall Length x Tube diameter||124.5 x 16.9 mm|
|Materials||Membrane Material||Regenerated Cellulose (RC)|
|Ultrafiltration device||Polystyrene (GPPS)|
||High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)|
|Maximum Sample Volume||
|Final concentration volume||80-200μL|
|Packaging||Individually packed in PE bag|
Cobetter BriScale® 4mL 3 kDa centrifugal filters are made of low-binding regenerated cellulose(RC) ultrafiltration membranes, which can achieve a high protein recovery rate >95%, using marker protein Lysozyme(14.4 kDa) at 0.25 mg/mL, centrifuge 60 mins.
BriScale® centrifugal filter is ideal for the concentration of proteins and biological samples containing antigens, antibodies, enzymes, nucleic acids, or microorganisms. The vertical design and membrane surface area provide fast concentration time and rapid protein concentration for up to 80-fold concentration.
The centrifugal filter unit consists of a lid, a filter device and a centrifuge tube. Use a pipette to collect the concentrate from the filter device. The ultrafiltrate is collected in the centrifuge tube for further analysis.
BriScale® 4 RC Centrifugal Filters can handle samples up to 4 mL in rotors accepting 15 mL centrifuge tubes. Use in fixed angle 45°rotor(max starting volume of 4mL) or swing bucket rotor(max starting volume of 4mL).
· 3 kDa MWCO RC membrane achieves a high recovery rate of>95%
· Color-coded cap with different MWCO, volume graduation for easy detection and user-friendly
· Low-binding regenerated cellulose(RC) ultrafiltration membranes
· Broad chemical compatibility pH 1-14
· 80-fold concentration with vertical membranes
· Translucent housing and volume marker make sample monitoring effortless.
· Concentration and purification of nucleic acids, proteins such as antigens, antibodies, enzymes, etc and other biomolecules
· Desalting, buffer exchange and dialyzing proteins and antibodies for sample preparation
· Concentration of dilute or pre-purified proteins from chromatography
· Remove primers, adapters or molecular tags from the reaction mixture
· Purification of macromolecules in tissue culture extracts or cell lysates, and protein removal prior to HPLC and mass spectrometry.
Select an ultrafiltration membrane with a molecular weight cut-off (MWCO) that is 2-3 times smaller than the MW of your target macromolecule.
|Filter MWCO||Target MW|
|3 kDa||6 kDa < MW < 20 kDa|
|10 kDa||20 kDa < MW < 60 kDa|
|30 kDa||60 kDa < MW < 100 kDa|
|100 kDa||200 kDa < MW|
Processing time of different MWCO filters.
Protein Recovery Rate
The RC membrane and smooth inner wall design have extremely low protein adsorption. Can achieve a recovery rate of more than 90%.